Behaviour Support Assistant
Simply Education are working with a secondary school in Gravesend to recruit a Behaviour Support Assistant. This is a supply booking working Mondays to Fridays, commencing as soon as possible and is likely to continue for approximately four weeks. Hours for this booking will either be 8am until 4pm or 9am until 5pm.
Responsibilities will include:
- To oversee the schools isolation and exclusion provisions and ensure student compliance with procedures in the facilities on a daily basis.
- To lead on and provide support to individual students or groups on pre-planned activities both in terms of the school’s behaviour support and modification programmes and to facilitate group work for other vulnerable students as directed.
- To work with students to assist them in modifying their behaviour through 1:1 mentoring relationships with identified students
- Challenge students using a high degree of emotional intelligence to minimise difficult situations escalating.
- To assist with the investigation of incidents, including taking statements from students and to contribute to the writing of Reports for students who have been excluded from school such as Pen Pictures and case studies
- Keep appropriate records for all students subject to behaviour support plans. To assist in the writing of regular reports and reviews of student progress; to assist with the general administration of records.
- Meet with, organise and evaluate outside agencies as the school’s representative to refer students for additional support, as directed by the AHT.
- To plan and prepare for looked after children review meetings (PEPs).
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are;
- Your own dedicated secondary school consultant
- A variety of daily and long term positions to suit your needs
- Competitive rates of pay, expenses and petrol allowance
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no timesheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of bookings, school directions
- £75 referral scheme
- Access to our unique Educational Development Managers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Michael Taylor on 01634 926 067.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.