All employees were requested to come into work in their PJs as opposed to our usual ‘Dress down Fridays’. A fee of £1 was to be paid by all participants and a £5 ‘fine’ was given to those who hadn’t come into work in their fluffy onesies. The day only got better from there! Various games and competitions were held throughout the day, allowing employees to compete against one another whilst donating money.
The following events all helped us raise money towards 'Children in Need':
- Guess the number of sweets in the Simply piggy
- After 8 challenge (Yes we are talking about the hilarious and often impossible task of moving an After 8 mint from your forehead to your mouth without dropping it... in the quickest time possible!)
- Orange peeling competition
- Juggling competition
- Best dressed PJ team (Well done Essex!)
- Worst face puller (Thank you to Lois Hutchinson for having everyone in hysterics!)
- 'Ferrari Driving Thrill' raffle (A very big thank you to Julian from Orange Genie who had previously bid on this at our ‘Dare to Scare’ charity auction. He then surprised us by generously donating it back Simply Education so we could use again for this event!)
- The stocks! Only £0.50 for a wet sponge! (Big thanks to Nadim Mohammed for being such a good sport and taking multiple wet sponges to the face!)
- To finish the day off we followed through with an earlier promise: Raise £100 during the course of the week and Jason Sperrin – our Sales Director – will wax his leg in a live stream between offices! His girly scream had all our teams in stitches – a very memorable way to end our fundraising day!
In total we raised £382 for Children in Need. £33.53 of which came from Community Dental Services who had a dress down day and kindly added their funds to the money we raised. A big thank you to all the staff that got so involved in the event – especially Lauren Cowles who worked closely with our Events Director to ensure the day was a success. We look forward to raising even more money next year!