Covid Testing in Schools
As of March 8th, secondary pupils in England will be required to take a rapid lateral flow test twice a week to help reduce the spread of Covid-19. Pupils are required to give three initial tests at school before moving to home testing. While there have been low rates of active infections within schools, the introduction of regular testing will provide further confidence that schools are safe.
Following the latest Government guidance, schools are in need of staff to support Covid testing of pupils. We are able to help secondary schools across England to recruit Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors and Teachers to help manage testing on a short-term basis.
There are various roles we can help with, including -
- Quality Lead/Team Leader: Responsible for the overall on-site operations at the test site, including day-to-day workforce management. Ensure quality assurance, incidents, risks mitigation across the testing service.
- Test Assistant: Provides guidance and supervision to subjects on swabbing as requested. Collects completed swabs and pass them to the Processing Operatives. Ensures cleaning of swabbing bays.
- Processor: Prepares test sample for analysis, conducts processing of LFT and interprets result. Provides results to Results Recorder. Ensures cleaning of processing bays.
- COVID-19 Coordinator: Sign-off and schedules testing activities; ensuring communications and consents are actioned; management of positive cases as per school/college guidelines.
- Registration Assistant: Responsible for ensuring subjects have registered and distributing test kits on arrival. Ensures orderly entry of subjects onto the testing site.
- Results Recorder: Collates results from Processing Operatives and uploads to digital solution.
- Cleaner: Cleans the testing bays, and ensures waste is correctly disposed of, including working with clinical waste provider to dispose of clinical waste.
Does your school require support to deliver regular Covid testing? We can provide fully trained staff to help with increased number of tests required. Get in touch with your local branch here.
School Covid Testers Jobs
If you're looking for a job as a School Covid Tester, Simply Education can place you into one of the above roles on a short-term basis. Apply for a role with Simply Education here or register as a candidate to get started.
Please note that all candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.