Simply Education Limited is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that came into effect on the 25th May 2018. This new European regulation requires businesses to protect the personal data and privacy of EU citizens.
Safeguarding and data protection are already prioritized within our business, and we have spent countless hours ensuring we have minimised the risk to personal data breaches and that all candidates and clients have control over their own data.
We have outlined some of the steps we have taken to comply with GDPR:
• Introduced new policies to ensure we adhere to the new legislation
• Enhanced our back-end operating system to allow for data deletion and erasure
• Provided training to all employees, educating them on the new legal requirements as well as their responsibility to obtain data lawfully
• Sought additional guidance from industry bodies including the Recruitment & Employment Confederation
• Cleansed data from our operating system
• Categorised where our data is held and limited who has access to it
• Encrypted all booking confirmations and ensured all links expire within 7 days of being received. Clients are also required to log in to their password-protected school account to access previous booking information.
We want you to feel secure knowing that we have gone above the necessary requirements outlined in the new data regulations. We have a dedicated GDPR team and Data Protection Officer who are available to answer any concerns your school may have.
For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer on 01234 216 199.