Posted 1 month ago
Youth Support Worker Needed
We are looking for an enthusiastic youth support worker to provide 1:1 assistance to a Year 2 child with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties in our SEND school. Working in partnership with the classroom team, you will enable the pupil to fully access the curriculum and school environment.
- Providing in-class support including behaviour modelling, social skills facilitation and modifying instructions/activities.
- Implementing tailored interventions to develop the child's emotional regulation, interaction skills and self-esteem.
- Encouraging participation in classroom tasks and relationships using positive reinforcement techniques.
- Supporting independence through use of visual aids, prompts and scaffolding.
- Accompanying the pupil during unstructured times such as lunch/break times.
- Liaising with the teacher, SENCO and other professionals about the child's needs and progress.
- Maintaining observational records to inform multi-disciplinary teamwork.
The ideal candidate will be patient, empathetic and resilient with a knowledge of behavioural strategies and SEND. Strong communication skills and the ability to remain calm under pressure are essential. Experience working with primary aged children preferred.
The benefits of working with Simply Education:
- 24 hour access to the SEN consultant
- No or minimal timesheets
- A range of specialist provisions in Northamptonshire, Daventry and Warwickshire
- FREE CPD Training including (SEND specific)
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Subject to two years of satisfactory references
- An Enhanced DBS check
This is a full-time, term-time only position starting as soon as possible. Salary is £90 - 105 per day.
We are dedicated to enabling every child to succeed here. If you share this passion, and can make a positive impact on this young pupil's school experience, please get in touch with Jess at email@example.com or call 01604 372 495.REF: JAB-NN12-SEMH