Posted 5 days ago
Educational Psychologist Placement Opportunity
We are looking for a trainee educational psychologist to gain hands-on experience assessing and supporting a Year 2 child with significant social, emotional and mental health difficulties. Working within our SEND school, you will implement evidence-based strategies to enable the child to regulate emotions, interact positively and access mainstream education.
- Conducting observations and assessments to identify the child's specific needs.
- Developing a tailored support plan in collaboration with school staff and the child's family.
- Providing training to school staff on implementing targeted interventions including social skills groups, self-regulation techniques and behavioural approaches.
- Working directly with the child on a 1:1 basis to build self-esteem, impulse control and coping strategies.
- Modifying classroom materials, instructions and activities to support inclusion.
- Liaising with multi-disciplinary professionals regarding the child's progress and ongoing needs.
- Monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of strategies implemented.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your assessment, formulation and intervention skills under supervision. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical abilities and an empathetic, resilient approach. Experience working with primary school children is preferred but not essential as full training will be provided.
The benefits of working with Simply Education:
- 24 hour access to the SEN consultant
- No or minimal timesheets
- A range of specialist provisions in Northamptonshire, Daventry and Warwickshire
- FREE CPD Training including (SEND specific)
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Subject to two years of satisfactory references
- An Enhanced DBS check
Please apply if you are looking to expand your SEND and educational psychology expertise in a rewarding role that makes a real difference to a vulnerable child’s life. Talk to Jess today on 01604 372 495 for more information or email to arrange a time to talk at firstname.lastname@example.orgREF: JAB-BSTA-CVNN