Posted 26 days ago
Are you an expert of Computer Science living in the Canterbury area? Do you hold fully qualified teacher status? If so, an exciting new position as a teacher of Computer Science has opened up at a fantastic secondary school which you need to hear about!
Simply Education are working alongside a secondary school in Canterbury to recruit a teacher of Computer Science to join their team on a one year contract until the end of the current academic year. The school are looking for someone who has experience in the field and can teach the subject to GCSE and A-Level students, including planning and marking.
The school has outstanding facilities including a recently built computing suite and can also provide excellent training resources for new teachers. Computer Science is an extremely popular subject at the school, hence the need for a brand-new teacher to cater for the additional students who are taking up the course.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching Computer Science.
• Holds fully qualified teacher status.
• Has the ability to control and manage a classroom.
• Has excellent knowledge of the KS3, KS4 and KS5 Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools, and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings.
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: KGR-VBN7-KENT