Cover Supervisors needed in Rochdale Schools
Posted 16 days ago
Simply Education are recruiting Cover supervisors to work in a range of Rochdale high schools. We work closely with several secondary schools across the area that have historically called on our bank of staff to help facilitate learning in the absence of their staff. We anticipate that the need for ad-hoc staff will increase as the year progresses and we are therefore taking on more staff.
If you are an aspiring teacher this could be a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience within schools whilst fine tuning your classroom and behaviour management skills. This is also an opportunity for teachers who enjoy working with young people but want to step away from the responsibility of planning lessons. Sports coaches and those with a passion for working with young people are encouraged to apply.
The role of a cover supervisor entails;
- Ensuring all pupils are engaged in learning and on task during the teachers
- Inclusion of the schools behaviour and discipline policy to minimise any
- Good understanding of behaviour management strategies
- Having a good understanding of the National Curriculum to answer any q
questions pupils may have
To be a successful cover supervisor you will need to;
- Hold a degree or coaching qualification
- Have recent experience working with young people aged 11-18
- Be able to effectively develop the confidence, language, behaviour, and social skills of Children between the ages of 11-18
- Be able to adapt with ease to new environments
- Have an outstanding awareness of safeguarding, equality and diversity
- Be friendly and approachable
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
- A dedicated Secondary Consultant with specific knowledge of Schools in your area
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of booking, school directions
- £75 referral schemes
- 1 to 1 CPD with our Education Specialists
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Orien Mojdeh on 0161 413 7929.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Manchester office on 0161 413 7929 for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.
REF: OSM-SEC123-CS09Apply Now