Deputy Pre-School Manager Needed Urgently in Biggleswade
Posted 24 days ago
A Pre-School in the Biggleswade area are looking for a candidate to become their Deputy Pre-School & Extended Services Manager. They are looking for someone with previous experience of first line management responsibilities and a NVQ Level 3 or higher. If you are interested in this role and feel like you would be the perfect fit, read on!
A Pre-School in the Biggleswade area urgently looking for a Deputy Pre-School & Extended Services Manager!
Job Title: Deputy Pre-School & Extended Services Manager
Responsible to: Pre-School & Extended Services Manager
Hours: Approx. 45 hours per week including some early and late shifts
Monday to Friday 43 weeks per year
Salary Band: £11.00 to £12.00 per hour
The main purpose of your role will be:
1. To deputise for the Pre-School & Extended Services Manager in their absence (rota’d between 2 deputies)
1. To work as an active pre-school practitioner and key person within a team undertaking responsibilities as detailed.
2. To provide high quality childcare and education by promoting the safeguarding and welfare of all the children in the
setting, in addition to following a curriculum which supports all 7 areas of learning and development as illustrated in the
Your Main duties will include:
1. To work as part of a team, meeting the needs of the children, working in all areas of the setting as
required, including the garden area and the inside café.
2. To ensure that the Safeguarding policy is strictly always adhered to and to keep children safe.
3. To assist with the morning preparation of the setting for the daily programme ensuring that an enabling
environment is provided. At the end of the session to participate in tidying away equipment checking for cleanliness
and breakages, reporting to the Pre-School Manager, any equipment that has been broken and required replacing.
4. To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely to build positive relationships with parents/carers and
ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met. To take part in parent/carer’s consultation meetings and to
provide an individual report and documentation for each key child, as they leave pre-school.
5. To teach children in accordance with the learning and development requirements as stated in the EYFS.
6. To follow the step-by-step guides for assessment and planning, using the tablets provided, within agreed deadlines.
7. To be responsible for planning activities and experiences, which will address the gaps identified in the EY Log reports
for your key children, ensuring that they progress from their starting point to the appropriate stage prior to transition
to Reception. In addition to be responsible for identifying where more challenging experiences need to be provided.
8. To identify where specialist support is required for any of your key children and liaise with the Pre-School Manager and
other members of staff such as the SENDco.
9. To advise the pre-school manager of any concerns e.g., over children, parents/carers, or the safety of equipment,
ensuring an appropriate level of confidentiality as required.
10. To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g., training, staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, summer fayre,
Christmas party etc.
11. To continue with professional development by attending training courses, as necessary.
12. To maintain confidentiality relating to any information regarding children, their families or other staff which, is acquired
as part of this job.
13.To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the pre-school manager, or senior member of staff in
accordance with the pre-school’s overall business objectives, plan and strategy.
14. To assist with the preparation of snacks as and when appropriate.
15. To be pro-active in encouraging children to understand the importance of good health, physical exercise and a healthy
15. To be pro-active in encouraging children to manage their own basic hygiene and personal needs independently.
16. To monitor all areas as identified for school readiness, completing tracker for own key children and taking necessary
steps to close any gaps, if there are any, prior to children transferring to reception.
15. To work Extended Services hours to provide cover for absent staff as and when necessary in addition to ensuring there is managerial cover for extended services sessions.
16.To participate in undertaking additional responsibilities such as SENCO, safeguarding officer, behaviour management if required.
17. To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times.
18. To have a clear understanding of Rainbow Pre-School & Extended Services mission statement and core values. To
demonstrate the core values in everyday practice.
19. To be reflective, being able to evidence how self-reflection allows you to consider adapting your practice to achieve
17. Adhere to all of Rainbow Pre-School policies and procedures.
18. To be an active member of the management team, attending management development training and management
meetings as required.
In order to qualify for this role you must be:
1. Qualified to an NVQ Level 3 in childcare or equivalent
2. Previous experience of first line management responsibilities, being
able to evidence basic managerial competences.
3. Have a demonstrable understanding of Safeguarding procedures
4. Have a competent understanding of the EYFS
5. Be a qualified First Aider or be willing to undertake an appropriate
6. Have an up-to-date Basic Food Hygiene certificate or be willing to
undertake an online training course.
7. Have the ability to work well as part of a team
8. Have a sufficient understanding and use of English in accordance with
the EYFS statutory framework
9. Have a comprehensive awareness of Health & Safety
10. Be fully committed to equalities and diversity
1. Have experience of working in an extended services environment
2. Have the ability to buy in to organisation culture and include core values in everyday practice.
If you are interested click the “APPLY NOW” button or call 01923640481 and ask for Scott Bayliss or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
REF: SNB-DMAN-BIGGApply Now