Design Technology Teacher
Posted 19 days ago
Are you an experienced Design and Technology teacher looking for a brand-new challenge? Maybe you are a newly qualified teacher looking for an exciting opportunity? If you fall into either of these categories, you are exactly the person I am looking for!
Simply Education are working with a school in Sittingbourne to find a teacher of Design and Technology to join their team from September 2021. Experience within Food Technology and/or Engineering is ideal, however, general DT teachers are encouraged to apply as well.
The school itself has recently received a ‘Good’ Ofsted rating and encourage all their students to follow their passions in life. DT is a fan favourite of the students at the school, hence why they are looking for a brand-new teacher to cope with the demands of the students. Successful candidates will be expected to teach Design Technology to KS3, KS4 and KS5 students with more focus on GCSE and A-Level.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching Design Technology.
• Has the ability to control and manage a classroom.
• Has excellent knowledge of the KS3, KS4 and KS5 Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
• Is comfortable delivering both theoretical and practical lessons.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings, you pick when you want to work!
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.
REF: KGR-JKL6-KENTApply Now