Posted 2 months ago
Job Title: D&T Teacher
Salary: £28,000 - £31,750
Contract Type: Full-time, with a view of transitioning onto a permanent school contract for the right candidate.
Simply Education is seeking to appoint a D&T Teacher to work with a group of students who have become disconnected with their learning. The successful D&T teacher will have resilience and be able to model and promote high behaviour expectations. It is vital that you can communicate effectively and build rapport and common interests with the students to inspire and motivate them.
As a Design Technology Teacher, you will be responsible for planning, delivering, and assessing high-quality design and technology lessons to students with diverse learning needs. You will create engaging and inclusive learning experiences that inspire creativity and problem-solving skills. The students will be working towards gaining their GCSE in Design and Technology.
The school we are working in partnership is a lovely purpose-built specialist provision, supporting students experiencing social, emotional and/or mental health difficulties. The school is based in Crewe which has excellent transport links via public transport.
The school has capacity for 68 pupils, aged 5-18 years old. The school prides itself on offering a child centred learning approach that focuses on the child’s needs. Additionally, all children are offered a varied, interesting, and inspiring curriculum with a focus on vocational and well-being subjects as well as academic subjects.
The school focuses on supporting to build their resilience, self-worth, and ability to manage and self-regulate their own feelings. Consequently, their children become confident, contributing members of society who go on to become successful adults, leading happy lives.
- To have prior experience working in a D&T role or other relevant sector knowledge for example construction or Motor Vehicle.
- Support the students to become re-engaged with their learning.
- Model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Communicate effectively and build rapport and common interests with the students to inspire and motivate them.
- To Prepare the students for life beyond school.
- Developing and delivering an innovative and stimulating curriculum in line with national guidelines.
- Creating a safe and inclusive learning environment that promotes positive behaviour and emotional well-being.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or relevant teaching qualification.
- An understanding of working with disengaged students.
- Knowledge and understanding of vocational education.
- Strong communication skills.
- Resilience and the ability to model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Driving license and access to own transport is desirable.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
-Your own dedicated consultant who will support, advise, and guide you through the registration process.
-24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone/text/email – That can answer any arising questions or needs.
-Exclusive access to our Educational Development Managers – We offer several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices, An introduction to the role of a Teaching Assistant and Behaviour management. All our courses are completely free and will help you to upskill you’re understanding and approach.
-Competitive rates of pay.
-Minimal administration (no time sheets!) – At Simply Education we pride ourselves in making the process easier for you as candidates. We process all timesheets for you ensuring the pay is always on time.
-Email and SMS verification of bookings – For all bookings you will receive a booking confirmation and directs to the school. You will also have access to an online diary system where you can view your bookings and update your availability.
-£75 referral scheme - If you refer a friend to us both you and your friend will receive a £75 bonus following the successful completion of 10 days.
If you are a passionate, enthusiastic, and experienced D&T Teacher, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the D&T Teacher role please contact Emma Bloore, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Cheshire office in Nantwich.
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online or face-to-face) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form. All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks.REF: ENB-2DANDT-1CW1