Posted 21 days ago
Are you looking for a fulfilling job as part of friendly and committed team, who seek to improve the life chances of children?
Simply Education is currently working with an SEMH school in Boston that are seeking a qualified English teacher to join the team in September to teach in KS3 and KS4. The school supports children of secondary age, who have found themselves outside of mainstream education due to their Social, Emotional or Mental-Health needs. The children access a broad curriculum, with a wide range of learning opportunities which are taught alongside self-regulation and social skills.
You will be required to work with senior leadership and pastoral teams, to ensure full communication and assessment of the pupil's needs.
This is a full-time position with the possibility of a permanent contract for the right candidate.
The school ensures the children enter a warm, welcoming and nurturing environment daily. There is a huge community feel within the school.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Teacher with QTS.
- Have strong classroom management skills and be able to deal with challenging behaviour
- Ideally have knowledge of Trauma Informed Practice and nurture principles (desirable)
- Have a creative approach to teaching
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team
- Experience in SEND settings (preferred)
- Confident in planning, delivering and reviewing lessons to the groups ability
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer which include;
- Dedicated SEND Consultant with extensive knowledge of schools in your area
- A variety of daily, short and long term positions to suit your needs
- No need for completion of time sheets
- Email / SMS confirmation for all bookings
- A reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce to Simply Education
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to: amy.b @simplyeducation.co.uk
For further discussion on this role, please call Amy Bevan on 01522 370172
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Lincoln office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: AAB-BHENG-BOST