Posted 6 days ago
Are you an experienced Teacher of English looking for a brand-new challenge? Maybe you are a Newly Qualified Teacher looking for an opportunity to shine? If so, Simply Education may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Simply Education are working with a fantastic secondary school in Canterbury to recruit an English teacher starting ASAP until the end of the academic year, with a possibility of extending further based upon performance. The school building is brand new, with state-of-the-art facilities to enhance both student’s and teacher’s experience. The role will include working full time, 5 days a week, and will require planning and marking.
The successful candidate will hold fully qualified teaching status in the UK and have recent experience teaching English Literature or Language. Although experience is preferable, the school are also happy to consider NQTs, providing they match all other criteria. We are searching for someone with a real passion for teaching, and someone who can bring a high level of enthusiasm to the classroom.
We are looking for someone who:
• Holds fully qualified teaching status in the UK.
• Has strong classroom management skills.
• Has recent experience teaching English.
• Has excellent knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare lesson plans.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings.
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: KGR-REW9-KENT