Posted 12 days ago
Role: Secondary English Teacher
Salary: £28,000 - £38,810
Long term or permanent (for the right candidate)
Simply Education work closely with a Secondary School in Macclesfield who are looking to recruit two English Teachers on a full-time basis for an immediate start.
We are looking for either an experienced teacher, or an ECT Teacher who obtains good behaviour management and classroom management skills. The role will start as soon as possible on a long-term basis. The school are looking for a teacher who can confidently lead the class, demonstrate outstanding teaching, and inspire students.
The school supports young people between the ages of 11 - 16 years. They are looking to appoint a English Teacher who can educate pupils with additional needs such as social and emotional and mental health (SEMH). The conventional mainstream setting has previously been challenging for our students so patience, understanding and a nurturing approach are vital for the successful candidate.
As a English Teacher will be responsible for delivering a high quality of teaching and learning to a group of students aged 11-16 years with social and emotional difficulties, anxiety disorders and mental health needs. Students may present challenging behaviour at times so having the ability to adapt teaching style and using positive behaviour management is key. Your focus will be on increasing academic and vocational qualifications and knowledge, whilst achieving independent living skills that will equip young people for the next stage in their lives, be that further education, training, or work.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with a PGCE, GTP, BA Education, B.Ed, Cert Ed or equivalent or relevant experience teaching in schools.
- You will have previous experience teaching Science to Secondary School pupils.
- Up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
- Passion for teaching young students.
- Possess a creative approach to teaching.
- Following lesson plans.
- Strong behaviour management.
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer to include.
- Your very own dedicated consultant.
- A variety of daily, short- and long-term positions to suit your needs.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- No need for completion of time sheets.
- Email/SMS confirmation for all bookings.
- £75 reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce.
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required.
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you are interested in the role, please do click ‘apply now’ by sending your CV. For an informal chat and to discuss the role further Emma Bloore, SEN Recruitment Consultant at Simply Education, Nantwich Branch.