Posted 16 days ago
Geography experts, I have found an exciting new role for you in the Dover area. If you are an experienced teacher of Geography, or maybe you are a newly qualified teacher looking to begin your career, this is a great opportunity for you.
Simply Education are searching for an experienced teacher of Geography to join a secondary school in Dover on a permanent basis beginning in September of this year. This position will include working 5 days a week teaching KS3 and 4 students. Successful candidates must also have a willingness to immerse themselves in the extra-curricular side of the role, helping to plan school trips and other field-work studies. You will also be expected to prepare lesson plans as well as complete all marking of coursework.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching Geography or is an NQT with a relevant degree.
• Has excellent behaviour management skills.
• Has excellent knowledge of British National Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings.
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.
REF: KGR-TWK1-KENTApply Now