Posted 24 days ago
Are you a Fully Qualified teacher of Geography living in the Ashford area? Perhaps you are an early careers teacher specialising in Geography? Are you looking for a brand-new challenge in an excellent school who will provide you with all the support you need to thrive?
Simply Education are working with a Secondary School in Ashford to recruit a teacher of Geography to join their team in September 2022. The school are searching for someone who is passionate about their subject and is even more passionate about education on the whole. Successful candidates will be expected to teach Geography to students of all ages from KS3 - KS5, as well as prepare lessons in advance and mark student’s work.
The school itself was judged to be ‘Good’ in its latest Ofsted report and the school are determined to push towards an ‘Outstanding’ rating in their next inspection. This position will be an excellent fit for newly qualified teachers as well as more experienced teachers.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching Geography.
• Holds fully qualified teaching status in the UK.
• Has excellent behaviour management.
• Has excellent knowledge of the KS3, KS4 and KS5 Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about the roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide free CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings.
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: KGR-GEO1-KENT