Posted 14 days ago
Job title: Head of Maths – SEN
Salary: £33,000 - £45,000
Time Frame: Permanent (September Start)
Simply Education is working in partnership with a Special Educational Needs (SEN) school for learners from Year 1 to Year 11 whose needs cannot be met within a mainstream environment. With a mixture of high-quality teaching and nurturing the school endeavour to improve a young person’s chances in life by building the confidence and the emotional resilience they need to manage their everyday lives. This amazing school is looking for a Head of Maths to join their team on a permanent basis starting September 2022.
The school is looking for an individual with experience teaching Maths to a range of abilities. You must demonstrate excellent classroom management skills and deliver lessons in an enthusiastic and engaging manner. The school require someone who is adaptable, so you will need to think on your feet as no day is the same. They are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner and talented leader who has the vision and determination to lead the Maths department to achieve outstanding outcomes for all their students.
As Department Head you will be required to:
- Lead on day-to-day performance and improvement for staff ensuring they can access the support they need as they need it.
- Ensure the effective implementation and development of the curriculum across the department.
- Lead on the development of collaboration - sharing knowledge, skills and understanding within the department and support the facilitation of this across the wider school.
- Work with the Senior Leadership team to share ideas and develop provision and improve student outcomes more generally.
- This is a teaching role so your Department Head responsibility will run alongside leading your own class within the middle school department.
- Build positive relationships with all members of the school communities, showing positive attitudes to them.
- Keep up to date with developments in education and have a good knowledge of education – with reference to SEND, curriculum and teaching and learning development within this area.
- Safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people, and follow school policies and the staff code of conduct.
If you would be interested in this position, then all that we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with a PGCE, GTP, BA Education, B.Ed, Cert Ed or equivalent or relevant experience teaching in schools.
- You will have previous experience teaching Secondary School pupils.
- Up to date knowledge of the British National Curriculum
- Passion for teaching young students
- Possess a creative approach to teaching
- Following lesson plans
- Strong behaviour management
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to really make a real difference why not let that person be you……
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now', forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 01234 943221REF: BLF-HOM-AUST