Posted 24 days ago
Historians of Dover, I have a great opportunity for you! A fantastic Secondary School in the Dover area are looking for a Fully Qualified teacher of History to join their team beginning in April. The school will also consider Newly Qualified Teachers providing all other criteria is met.
The school are searching for a history teacher to work a full-time schedule which will entail working 5 days a week and will also include planning and marking. Previous experience of teaching history is valuable, however, newly qualified teachers with a history-related degree will also be considered. The position is available due to their current member of staff taking maternity leave, so the position will run until the end of the calendar year, with the possibility of extending further if required. The school are looking to conduct interviews at the beginning of March.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching History.
• Holds a relevant degree.
• Has the ability to control and manage a classroom.
• Has excellent knowledge of the KS3, KS4 and KS5 British National Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings, you pick when you want to work!
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.
REF: KGR-DLG5-KENTApply Now