Posted 21 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Teacher to work within our Independent Specialist School. We are looking for an experienced, motivated, individual with an excellent track record in school management with strong interpersonal and leadership skills. An individual with the ability to develop and lead the school and support us with our commitment to develop and deliver a high-quality learning environment ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
Within our school settings, our ethos is to ensure our children and young people have received educational opportunities and acquire knowledge and skills, i.e., Numeracy, Literature and IT Skills, as well as developing personal and life skills that will support them through to adult life.
You will need to be passionate about children`s and young people`s well-being and have a caring and patient nature.
We support children and young people aged between 10 – 19 years with a range of disabilities and primarily a diagnosis of autism, many of whom have additional disabilities.
What you will need to succeed:
• You must have a QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) Qualification and teaching experience
• National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
• An understanding of SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
• Successful leadership and management experience in a school
• Demonstrable experience of successful line management and staff development
• A full clean UK driving licence
Skills and Knowledge:
• Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to set targets and identify weaknesses
• Understanding of high-quality teaching based on evidence, and the ability to model this for others and support others to improve
• Understanding of school finances and financial management
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate a vision and inspire others
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Have a good understanding of Ofsted inspections
• A commitment to getting the best outcomes for all pupils and promoting the ethos and values of the company and school
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively
• Commitment to always maintaining confidentiality
• Commitment to safeguarding and equality, ensuring that personal beliefs are not expressed in ways that exploit the position
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to young people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and benefits as one of our employees.
• Paid Leave for School Holidays
• Company Pension Scheme
• Free access around the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
• Opportunity to be a member of our Employee Council Forum
• Birthday recognition scheme
• Recommend a Friend incentive scheme
*T&C's apply based on contract
Full job description available if successful for interview.
If interested, APPLY NOW or call Alex on 01733 490097 for further details.REF: ACC-06-HEAD