Learning Mentor - HLTA -PRU - Bruntwood
Posted 14 days ago
Simply Education are working alongside PRU School in Bruntwood in Staffordshire who require Learning Mentors / HLTA to work full time basis supporting a boy year 10 student on a one to one. This would a long term position starting as soon as possible running for the rest of the academic year.
The student has social and emotional needs and finds mainstream education a challenge. At the same time this student may have other SEND statements such as ADHD and ASD.
You will be supporting this young person with functional skills Math’s and English and Science at Key stage 3/4.
We are keen to hear from candidates who have worked in primary, secondary settings who are interested in mentoring this student. You must be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills, solid communication skills and be able to on a 1-2-1 basis as well as in small groups.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- SEND would be an advantage however not essential.
- Experience working in a school or with young people with complex behaviour.
- Looking to support a develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
If this sounds like the role for you, then the key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- Your own dedicated SEND Area Manager who really understands the schools that you would be working with, also will be able to guide you to the right role that suits you and your skills.
- Employment Benefits such as Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, Maternity/Paternity Pay, Retail Discounts, Health and Wellbeing support and guidance.
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no timesheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- £75 referral scheme
- Access to our unique Educational Development Managers Supporting you every step of the way!
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference therefore please do not delay and APPLY TODAY!!!
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
REF: HMD-CHES-FE20Apply Now