Posted 7 days ago
Simply Education are recruiting on behalf of a SEND School in Brigg, North Lincolnshire who are looking to appoint a LSA for as soon as possible.
Full time - On going
This is a special school which provides a high level of care and education for vulnerable children with emotional, behavioural and associated learning difficulties, particularly students with autistic spectrum disorders. Though academic progress is very important, they place an extensive emphasis on personal, social and emotional development which forms the basis of all they do through the school.
They want to inspire children’s minds, get them to think outside of the box – to think that their dream is possible, help them to make it a reality and unlock every child’s potential. Their aim is to raise children’s aspirations, help them think for themselves, build self-esteem and form positive relationships which will have a great impact on their future.
This school believe that children with special educational needs deserve the same opportunities in life as every other child, and their outcomes should be the same. Their ultimate aim is to prepare children to be successful adults who go on to live happy lives.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- Previous experience either working in provisions in mainstream schools or
SEND would be an advantage however not essential.
- Experience working in a School or with young people with complex behaviour.
- Looking to support a develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
Interested? Here are a few key benefits that may help you to make your decision:
- A dedicated Consultant with specific knowledge of Schools in your area
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of booking, school directions
- £75 referral schemes
- 1 to 1 CPD with our Education Specialists
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Amy Bevan on 01522 370172
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Lincoln office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: AAB-DHLSA-LINC