Posted 2 days ago
Do you have experience working as a Teaching Assistant or as a Learning Support Assistant? Are you searching for a brand-new opportunity within education? If so, this is a job you will want to hear about!
Simply Education are working with a Secondary School in Ashford to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to join their team after the Easter Holidays. This position will include working with KS3 and KS4 students and will involve supporting students via interventions, which may mean working with smaller groups of children to ensure their needs are met. The role in question will initially be a one-month contract with the expectation of extending this until the end of the academic year. There may be an opportunity for the role to become permanent beginning in September.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience working as a Learning Support Assistant or is ready to take that step.
• Has a good understanding or the National Curriculum, especially Numeracy and Literacy.
• Has excellent behaviour management strategies.
• Has excellent communication skills and ability to build rapport with both teachers and students.
• Has a creative approach to learning and education.
• Can close the gap in performance of all pupils with special education needs and disabilities.
• Is willing to undertake any appropriate training for the role.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings, you pick when you want to work!
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: KGR-ZXC1-KENT