Posted 22 days ago
Position: Learning Support Assistant.
Salary: £400 - £450.
Contract: Full-time (Temporary to Permanent).
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of children with special educational needs? Are you looking for a rewarding and fulfilling role that allows you to contribute to their growth and development? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
At Simply Education, we understand the importance of connecting dedicated professionals with the right educational settings. We are excited to be working with a reputable Special Educational Needs School in Scunthorpe and are looking for a passionate Learning Support Assistant to join their team.
Your Role as a Learning Support Assistant:
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will play a vital role in providing essential support to students with special educational needs. Your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with classroom activities and helping students with their work.
• Building strong, supportive relationships with the children and offering emotional support when needed.
• Encouraging participation in various learning activities and ensuring a positive learning environment.
• Assisting in the planning and implementation of individualised education plans (EHCP’s)
• Monitoring and tracking the progress of students and providing feedback to the teaching staff.
What We're Looking For:
• Experience: Previous experience working with children or young people with special educational needs is advantageous but not essential.
• Qualifications: A relevant qualification in education or support is desirable but not mandatory.
• Attitude: A caring and empathetic attitude, along with a strong desire to help students succeed.
• Teamwork: Excellent teamwork and communication skills to collaborate effectively with the teaching staff and other professionals.
• Adaptability: The ability to adapt to the diverse needs of students with different learning requirements.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are…
• Your own dedicated consultant with around the clock access via phone.
• Access to our Educational Development Managers who provide free CPD training.
• Email and SMS confirmation of bookings.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
• FREE 2-day teaching assistant course provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to gain some experience in SEN and is equally a very rewarding role. If you like the sound of this or would like some more information, then don’t hesitate in contacting us! Please click apply and send us a copy of your CV or if you would like an informal chat about the job role, please contact Ruth Jarman on email@example.com or alternatively on 01522 370172 at our Lincoln office.
* As part of the recruitment process, all candidates are required to have 2 years referencing, provide a 10-year history of education/work and have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are subject to satisfactory background checks. *