Posted 1 month ago
Role: Teaching Assistant / Learning Mentor – SEND
£375 - £425 Per Week
Contract: Full-time, Long-term contract (Maternity Cover)
Are you a passionate and nurturing Learning Mentor looking to make a positive impact on the lives of children with special educational needs? Look no further than Simply Education's Learning Mentor position in Winsford!
Our client, an Ofsted 'good' school, is seeking an enthusiastic Learning Mentor to join their team. The school offers children a chance to learn and develop in a personal and child focus setting. The school are looking to join the team on a permanent basis. If you have experience or qualifications in supporting children or young adults with, SEND then this might be the ideal role for you.
As a Learning Mentor, you will have the opportunity to support students on both a small group and 1:1 basis. The ideal candidate will be passionate and nurturing, with an understanding of SEND (Autism)). You must be resourceful and adaptable in your approach, as you will be working with students who require tailored support.
This is an incredible opportunity for the successful Learning Mentor to make a real difference in the lives of children and young people. If you have a desire to support students with special educational needs and are eager to work in a school that prioritizes a child-centred learning approach.
- Work with the students' Teacher to deliver high-quality bespoke learning opportunities that focus on the students' interests and vocational studies, as well as functional skills in English and Maths.
- Support the students to become re-engaged with their learning.
- Model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Communicate effectively and build rapport and common interests with the students to inspire and motivate them.
- Work closely with the students' Teacher to Prepare the students for life beyond school.
- An understanding of working with students who have Autism.
- Knowledge and understanding of vocational education.
- Strong communication skills.
- Resilience and the ability to model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Driving license and access to own transport is desirable.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
-Your own dedicated consultant who will support, advise, and guide you through the registration process.
-24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone/text/email – That can answer any arising questions or needs.
-Exclusive access to our Educational Development Managers – We offer several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices, An introduction to the role of a Teaching Assistant and Behaviour management. All our courses are completely free and will help you to upskill your understanding and approach.
-Competitive rates of pay.
-Minimal administration (no time sheets!) – At Simply Education we pride ourselves in making the process easier for you as candidates. We process all timesheets for you ensuring the pay is always on time.
-Email and SMS verification of bookings – For all bookings you will receive a booking confirmation and directs to the school. You will also have access to an online diary system where you can view your bookings and update your availability.
-£75 referral scheme - If you refer a friend to us both you and your friend will receive a £75 bonus following the successful completion of 10 days.
If you are a passionate, enthusiastic Learning Mentor who is committed to supporting students who have become disconnected with their learning, please apply today.
If you are interested in this Learning Mentor position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the Learning Mentor role please contact Ross Pemberton, Primary Recruitment Consultant at our Cheshire office in Nantwich or email me directly at email@example.com.
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online or face-to-face) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form. All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks.REF: LSA-WINS-FORD