Posted 3 days ago
Location: Quidenham, Norfolk
Salary: Actual salary £20,369.51 - £21,012.94 dependent on experience
Hourly rate: £11.40 - £11.76 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week - Term Time only - Monday - Friday - 8.30am - 4.30pm (5pm on Thursday, extra half hour taken off on another day)
Start date: Easter 2024
Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students with special needs? Do you have a desire to support and empower young learners to achieve their full potential? We are seeking dedicated and compassionate individuals to join our team as Level 1 or Level 2 Teaching Assistants at our renowned Secondary Special Needs School.
The school is a leading special needs school in the county of Norfolk, committed to providing an inclusive and supportive educational environment for secondary students with diverse learning needs. Our dedicated team of educators and support staff work collaboratively to ensure that every student receives the individualized attention they require to thrive academically and emotionally.
• To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
• To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
• To contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
• Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
• To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
• To promote pupils’ cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
• Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team.
• GCSE Maths and English Language qualification minimum Grade 4 or equivalent is essential.
• Level 2 - 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification (or working towards).
• Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
• Knowledge and experience of pupils with SEMH, ASD.
• Life assurance and Pension
• Perkbox - offering high street discounts
• Employee assistance programme
• Car lease scheme
• Fully funded training and qualifications
• Bike to work scheme
• Free membership to our Health cash back plan - Claim back money on services such as dental, optical, physio and many more.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, and all successful applicants will be subject to appropriate background checks.
Join us in creating a nurturing and inclusive environment where every student can thrive and reach their full potential. Apply now to be a part of our passionate and dedicated team!