Posted 15 days ago
Role: Maths Teacher
Requirements: QTS and experience teaching Maths at GCSE level
Salary: £120 - £150 per day - Independent Provision, not on Teacher Pay Scale
Hours: Full Time - 8:30am to 3:45pm; Daily cover as and when needed
Simply Education is working with a Schools across Greater Manchester. This is with pupils aged 11 to 19 years old. The children in these settings have a variety of needs including ADHD, ASD, Hyper mobility issues, early childhood trauma and English as an additional language.
The Schools are currently looking for a daily Maths Teacher to teach KS3 and KS4 Maths to a range of pupils with mixed abilities. You must demonstrate excellent classroom management skills and deliver lessons in an enthusiastic and engaging manner. The school require a teacher who is adaptable, so you will need to think on your feet.
- Building nurturing and meaningful relationships with pupils with SEND
- Be comfortable working with small groups to support pupils with their learning.
- Experience and a good understanding of behaviour management and how to implement this into your practice
- Supporting with individualized student programs.
- Great personality who can engage with children
- Understand the different requirements of individual SEN and adapt accordingly
- A passion for education and for making a difference in education
- Additional skills such as Sport, Music and Art are a bonus
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Extensive knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Ability to effectively develop the confidence, language, behaviour and social skills of pupils between the ages of 11-18
- Quick thinking with the ability to adapt with ease to new environments
- An understanding of working with students with SEND
- Knowledge and understanding of vocational education and a passion for supporting outdoor learning
- Strong communication skills with pupils and an understanding of pupils behaviour patterns when experiencing complex needs and trauma
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with students, colleagues, and parents effectively.
- A good understanding of behaviour management and how to implement this into your practice.
Advantages of working in an SEMH environment:
- Shorter working hours which will help you to establish a better work life balance.
- Smaller class sizes where you can really get to know your students
- More non-contact time so marking can be done during the working hours
- Flexibility within the curriculum meaning you can be creative with your approach
- Satisfaction in supporting and seeing students reach their full potential.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- A dedicated SEND consultant with specific knowledge of Schools in your area
- FREE CPD training including several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices and behaviour management
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
If you are a passionate and enthusiastic Maths Teacher who is committed to supporting students who have become disconnected with their learning, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the role please contact Robyn Doolan, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Manchester office on 07553 130 015 or email Robyn@simplyeducation.co.uk
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online or face-to-face) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form. All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks.REF: RHD-MAT-1411