Posted 11 days ago
Maths Tutor - Functional Skills
Hubberts Bridge, Boston
Simply Education are working on behalf of an Alternative Education Provision in Hubberts Bridge, Boston who are looking for Tutors to deliver Maths to a BTEC or Funcitonal Skills Entry Level / Level 1.
The school supports learners who have been or are at risk of exclusion from mainstream schools or have not excelled in mainstream education due to additional needs such as Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH), Autistic Spectrum Condition / Disorder (ASC / ASD) and ADHD.
The school adds real elements of creative, outdoor, practical, and fun learning opportunities that feel relevant to each learner. They work with the pupils to meet their holistic needs, from healthy living, managing their behaviours, intervention strategies to play, sports, and employability and life skills to allow them to successfully take their next steps.
They have real expertise in engaging young people and promoting independence. The pupils work towards nationally recognised qualifications whilst enhancing skills in other areas.
Each class has 4 – 5 students in and you will also have support from Teaching Assistants during the lessons.
To be an successful Tutor you will need to:
- Be a qualified teacher (QTS / QTLS) – preferred
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour
- Have a creative approach to learning
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer which include;
- Dedicated consultant with expert knowledge of schools in your area
- A variety of daily, short and long term positions to suit your needs
- No need for completion of time sheets
- Email / SMS confirmation for all bookings
- A reward scheme for each Teacher/Teaching Assistant you introduce to Simply Education
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your calendar as and when required
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via email to: amy.b @simplyeducation.co.uk
Alternatively, for a chat about this role please call Amy Bevan at your local Lincoln office on 01522 370172REF: AAB-BAF-MATH