Posted 22 days ago
Learning Support Assistant - Social, Emotional & Mental Health School (SEMH)
Simply Education are working with a fantastic SEMH school based in Gainsborough, who are seeking SEND Teaching Assistants / Learning Support Assistants to join the team from September 2022.
We are keen to speak with candidates with experience working with SEND specialisms, or from care and support work backgrounds. Teaching Assistant role training can be provided for candidates who have worked with children outside of the classroom, or who may have worked in the adult care sector and are looking to work within schools.
The school provides high-quality education in a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment that builds a foundation for lifelong learning. The school ensures a welcoming, happy, nurturing, and supportive learning environment, in which everyone is treated fairly, and all achievements are celebrated.
The vision is to develop resilient, responsible, and confident individuals who aspire to achieve their full potential and live fulfilled adult lives.
You will work along side the class teacher, pastoral, and senior management team, who share a collective aim of delivering engaging and exciting lessons to help develop a student’s love of learning.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- Previous experience working with adults or children with SEND (SEMH experience is an advantage)
- Confident working with children with complex behaviour.
- Looking to support and develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
Interested? Here are a few key benefits of working with Simply Education:
- A dedicated Consultant with specific knowledge of SEND schools in your area
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of booking, school directions
- £75 referral schemes
- 1 to 1 CPD with our Education Specialists
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via email to: amy.b @simplyeducation.co.uk
For a telephone conversation about this role, please call Amy Bevan on 01522 370172
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Lincoln office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.