Permanent Pre School Lead
Simply Education are working with a beautiful private day nursery in North Bedfordshire, easily accessible from all areas of Bedford.
The nursery are looking for a driven and ambitious senior practitioner to work within our 2+ room, taking on a key carer role for our preschool children and planning activities, monitoring their progress and planning for their next steps.
You will be responsible for taking the lead in ensuring the setting provides the best possible provision for pre-schoolers and for supporting and managing assistants and apprentices in the room, with the guidance and support of the room leader and management team. You will be expected to promote, encourage and cascade good practice throughout the setting and to be a role model and mentor to fellow team members.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, fun loving character who will fit in with their existing close team.
The nursery work hard to provide a home from home experience for the children and achieve this by working closely as a team and with all our families.
Hours and days to be discussed at interview - the setting are prepared to be flexible for the right practitioner!
A brief outline of the role:
* You will need to hold a minimum Level 3 early years qualification (CACHE/NNEB/NCFE or equivalent).
* Have a minimum 1 years experience working in an early years setting.
* To support the implementation of the curriculum in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Ofsted registration and inspection criteria.
* Responsible for organising and developing the nursery learning environment and resources in order to facilitate the learning process, specifically meeting the needs of our preschool children.
* To take responsibility for ensuring the provision offered by the setting meets the needs of our preschool children and ensure that all knowledge and information relating to their area of responsibility is kept up to date.
* Maintaining and meeting requirements for the planning, observation, assessment and recording of children’s development.
* Ensure parents/carers are kept fully informed and included in record keeping, monitoring and reviewing the progress of their child.
Establish and maintain relationships with the children to facilitate their learning and develop and maintain relationships with parents and carers to further support the children.
* Interacting with and supporting children to foster enthusiasm for learning.
All offers are conditional upon completion of satisfactory background checks including an enhanced DBS and 2 years references.
If you feel you meet the above hit APPLY now or call Hannah on 01234 216199