Permanent Senior Childcare Practitioner
Minimum Level 3 in childcare or equivalent
You must have a minimum 1 year working in an early years setting
The key responsibilities of your role include, but are not limited to:
Care and Education
· Working with the room leaders to plan the learning environment and taking charge when the room leader is out.
· To support the implementation of the curriculum in line with the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), Ofsted registration and inspection criteria.
· Maintaining and meeting requirements for the planning, observation, assessment and recording of children’s development.
· Ensure parents/carers are kept fully informed and included in record keeping, monitoring and reviewing the progress of their child.
· Establish and maintain relationships with the children to facilitate their learning and develop and maintain relationships with parents and carers to further support the children.
· Interacting with and supporting children to foster enthusiasm for learning.
· Promote the use of informed observation and other strategies to monitor children’s activity, development and progress systematically and carefully and to use this information to inform, plan and improve practice and provision.
· Promote children’s rights, equality, inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice in all aspects of the setting.
· Actively support the development of children’s language and communication skills.
· Maintain a positive and proactive culture amongst practitioners in being able to identify and support children whose progress, development or well-being is affected by changes or difficulties in their personal circumstances, ensuring team members know when to refer them to colleagues for specialist support.
· Under the guidance of the setting engage actively with local schools and Early Years Settings.
· Promote equality of opportunity and positive behaviour management strategies.
If you feel you meet the above requirements and would like to join a friendly and thriving nursery please call Hannah on 01234 216199 or hit APPLY now!
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of satisfactory background checks including references and an enhanced DBS/CRB check.