Posted 13 days ago
Are you a fully qualified teacher living in the Sittingbourne area? Do you have experience teaching Psychology to GCSE and A-Level students? If so, you are just the person I am looking for!
Simply Education are working alongside a secondary school in Sittingbourne to recruit a psychology expert to join their team ready for the next academic year in September. Psychology is one of the most popular A-Level choices for students at the school, and as such, the school are now in need of an additional teacher to account for the added number of pupils who have taken up the subject.
Whilst experience is ideal for the role, the school are happy to consider a newly qualified teacher with an outstanding drive to succeed and to learn. The position is only part-time (0.7 timetable) for now, however, with the ever-increasing popularity of the subject, there is every chance it may progress to a full-time role. In addition to the timetabled lessons, successful candidates will also be expected to plan and mark.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching Psychology.
• Has the ability to control and manage a classroom.
• Has excellent knowledge of the KS5 Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings.
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.
REF: KGR-JKL9-KENTApply Now