Posted 18 days ago
Are you an experienced teacher of Science? Are you looking for a brand-new opportunity? Maybe you are an Early Career Teacher specialising in Science. If this sounds like you, I have an excellent opportunity that you need to hear about!
Simply Education are working with a Secondary school in Canterbury to recruit a Science teacher to teach a combination of Biology, Chemistry and Physics to children ranging from KS3-KS5. The school has a long history of producing excellent science results at GCSE and A-level and are looking for someone who can continue this tradition. With the school expanding and taking on more students, they need to expand their staff list, hence the need for a new teacher.
This is a full-time position which will commence in January 2022 and will continue throughout the remainder of the academic year, with the view to offer a permanent position upon completion. Successful candidates will be expected to plan and prepare lessons as well as mark coursework and other pieces of classwork.
We are looking for someone who:
• Holds fully qualified teaching status in the UK.
• Has recent experience teaching Science.
• Has excellent behaviour management skills.
• Has excellent knowledge of the KS3, KS4 and KS5 Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
• Is comfortable delivering both theoretical and practical lessons.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings.
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Kyle Robinson on 01227 903696.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: KGR-EWQ5-KENT