Posted 2 months ago
Salary: £28,000 - £31,750
Contract: Full-time, Long-term
As a Science Teacher you will take an active role in leading the science curriculum within the school as well as contributing to the delivery and development of the curriculum, whilst having a regard to the educational, physical, and social needs of the students within a learning environment. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Work collaboratively with other members of staff as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintain and use short-, medium- and long-term plans in delivering the Science curriculum.
- Set, monitor, and review personalised targets that will optimise learning for each- individual.
- Contribute to the review of Statements and EHC plans, PEP and LAC reviews.
- Provide clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation, and challenge.
About the school
We are currently seeking a passionate Science Teacher who can make a positive impact on students' attainment and progress. The school offers a broad and balanced curriculum with both practical and vocational routes available. The school has a huge focus on student wellbeing and pride itself on creating an environment that is challenging and supportive. Students have access to an on-site counsellor who supports them to challenge their mindset and approach to learning.
At the school, class sizes average between 1-5 students, providing ample time for planning and marking, with very minimal work needed outside of normal working hours. Therefore, you will be able to have an excellent work life balance. Each student's learning is tailored to meet their individual needs, including targeted 1:1 intervention to identify and plug gaps in learning.
Although we support students who may display challenging behaviour at times, our school has strong values and ethos and actively works with students to understand, manage, and regulate their feelings. As a result, challenging behaviour is an infrequent occurrence.
Our students work towards reintegrating back into mainstream provision by providing the tools and strategies to support their future. Our school was recently refurbished in 2015 with a huge renovation and extension to ensure the learning environment was fit for purpose. We now offer opportunities like a D&T workshop, hairdressing, and an extensive art workshop.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact on students' lives and are looking for a meaningful teaching opportunity, we encourage you to apply for the Science Teacher role at our alternative provision free school in Macclesfield. Join us in creating a supportive and challenging environment where our students can thrive!
Qualities Required for the Maths Teacher Position:
- Essential: PGCE, QTS, Cert Ed or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training
- To be able to confidently teach Science at GCSE level.
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Good teaching and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective skills in planning, preparation, recording and reviewing students’ progress.
- Ability to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative, be well organised, prioritise effectively and achieve results against deadlines.
- Ability to engage students in positive enabling relationships.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- Your own dedicated consultant who will support, advise, and guide you through the registration process.
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone/text/email – That can answer any arising questions or needs.
- Exclusive access to our Educational Development Managers – We offer several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices, An introduction to the role of a Teaching Assistant and Behaviour management. All our courses are completely free and will help you to upskill your understanding and approach.
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Minimal administration (no time sheets!) – At Simply Education we pride ourselves in making the process easier for you as candidates. We process all timesheets for you ensuring the pay is always on time.
- Email and SMS verification of bookings – For all bookings you will receive a booking confirmation and directs to the school. You will also have access to an online diary system where you can view your bookings and update your availability.
- £75 referral scheme - If you refer a friend to us both you and your friend will receive a £75 bonus following the successful completion of 10 days.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right Science Teacher to really make a difference, why not let that person be you…… If you are interested in this Science Teacher position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. For an informal chat about the role please contact Emma Bloore our SEND recruitment consultant at our Cheshire office in Nantwich.
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online or face-to-face) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form. All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks.REF: ENB-SK11-SCIE