SEMH - Teaching Assistant
Posted 12 days ago
SEMH - Teaching Assistant
Long term position starting asap
A SEMH School in Trentvale are looking to appoint Teaching Assistant / Learning Mentor to support pupils who are still attending during the national lockdown. This role would be Monday to Friday term time only and would be between 8:30 am 3;30 pm each day until summer 2021.
Some of the children present challenging behavioural issues and social exclusion. At the same time these children may have other SEND statements such as ADHD and ASD. We are keen to hear from candidates who have worked in primary or Secondary SEN / ASD provisions of mainstream schools or special schools. You must be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills, solid communication skills and be able to on a 1-2-1 basis as well as in small groups
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
-Previous experience either as a Teaching Assistant working primary or in provisions within mainstream schools or coaching young people in a sports capacity.
- SEND experience would be an advantage however not essential.
- Experience working young people with complex behaviour would be an advantage however not essential
- Looking to support a develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
If this sounds like the role for you, then the key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- Your own dedicated SEND Area Manager who really understands the schools that you would be working with, also will be able to guide you to the right role that suits you and your skills.
- Employment Benefits such as Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, Maternity/Paternity Pay, Retail Discounts, Health and Wellbeing support and guidance.
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no timesheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- £75 referral scheme
- Access to our unique Educational Development Managers Supporting you every step of the way!
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference therefore please do not delay and APPLY TODAY!!!
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
REF: HMD-CHES-F686Apply Now