Posted 18 days ago
SEMH Teaching Assistant.
Location: Skegness and surrounding areas.
Contract: Full Time.
Salary: £400 -£450 Per Week.
Start Date: Immediate.
Are you looking to develop your knowledge in an SEMH setting? Would you love an opportunity to make a meaningful impact? Do you have a passion for education?
At Simply Education, we are currently looking for someone to be a Teaching Assistant, supporting students aged 11-16 in a Social, Emotional, and Mental Health (SEMH) setting. The ideal candidate will have previous knowledge of SEMH needs or alternatively have worked in a SEND setting.
A part of being a Teaching Assistant for students with SEMH needs, involves showing patience, empathy and being able to communicate clearly and concisely with the students. It is also about creating and nurturing positive working relationships with the students, parents, and all staff. Working in a SEMH school setting, it is important to support the students, so they are able to build their resilience, mental wellbeing, social skills, and academic knowledge, preparing them to become an active member of the local community and beyond.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Implement behaviour management strategies and interventions to support students in managing their emotions and behaviour. This includes using positive reinforcement techniques and de-escalation methods when necessary.
• Provide emotional support and a safe, nurturing environment for students. Building positive relationships with students is essential to help them feel secure and valued.
• Maintain open and effective communication with teachers, parents, and other professionals involved in the students' care and education. Report any concerns or significant developments promptly.
• Promote inclusivity by assisting students in participating in mainstream classes or activities when appropriate, helping to bridge the gap between specialised education and mainstream education.
• Experience working with KS3 or KS4 or alternatively, experience working with young adults in a support/car industry.
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of relevant SEND legislation and best practices.
• Patience, empathy, and genuine passion for supporting students with additional needs.
• Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification (Preferred but not essential).
• Full Driving License (preferred but not essential).
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are…
Your own dedicated consultant with around the clock access via phone.
Access to our Educational Development Managers who provide free CPD training.
Email and SMS confirmation of bookings.
£75 refer-a-friend scheme.
FREE 2-day teaching assistant course provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to gain some experience in SEN and is equally a very rewarding role. If you like the sound of this or would like some more information, then don’t hesitate in contacting us! Please click apply and send us a copy of your CV or if you would like an informal chat about the job role, please contact Ruth Jarman on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on 01522 370172 at our Lincoln office.
* As part of the recruitment process, all candidates are required to have 2 years referencing, provide a 10-year history of education/work and have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are subject to satisfactory background checks. *REF: RVJ-SEN070-PE23