Posted 1 month ago
Role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Salary: £85 a day
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8:20am to 3:30pm
Contract: Temporary to Permanent after 3-4 months
Are you passionate about education and committed to supporting students to reach their full potential? We are currently working in partnership with a small specialist independent School in Fallowfield where the needs of the children are number one priority.
About the school:
Simply Education is currently working in partnership with a small specialist independent School in Fallowfield. This setting caters for young people aged 11-16 who have experienced a negative impact on their lives and need a boost in self-esteem and confidence. The school focuses on changing students’ mindset and giving their students all the tools to be successful in their future. The students work in small groups and classrooms are comparatively smaller than that of a mainstream setting; pupils are taught in class sizes of between 3-8 pupils and there is a high staff to pupil ratio.
We are seeking an open minded individual to join a new team. The successful teaching assistant must have strong behaviour management skills and an understanding of supporting students who have SEMH needs. The successful teaching assistant must have a fun and engaging approach and be able to build rapport and purposeful relationships with students and staff.
Due to a new staffing team, we are looking for somebody who has previously worked as a teaching assistant in a challenging setting working with vulnerable children with previous trauma. The candidate applying must be able to commit to a full-time role consisting of 5 days per week, Monday to Friday for the hours of 8:30 – 3:30pm as students receiving consistency is vital.
The ideal Teaching Assistant will engage well with the pupils and have strong skills in de-escalation and supporting challenging behaviour. Students in this provision need to feel encouraged and supported when facing challenges in their learning so the right candidate must be a real advocate for supporting students to reach their full potential. As a Teaching Assistant, you will be calm and nurturing in your approach with the ability to build great relationships with pupils. Each day will be different from the last therefore being adaptable is very important.
- GCSE in Maths and English graded C and above
- Driving License and access to own transport is essential due to location
- A good understanding of behaviour management and how to implement this into your practice.
- Experience working with children with additional needs.
- Building nurturing and meaningful relationships with pupils with SEND or SEMH
- Working on a 1:1 basis or small group to support pupils with their learning.
- Ability to adapt and be versatile within your role.
- Manage challenging behaviour by building a bond with students and knowing their triggers.
- Help prepare and set up lessons that are engaging and focus on a child centred approach.
- Supporting with individualized student programs.
- Communicating with teachers and support staff
To apply for this exciting Teaching Assistant opportunity please click apply now with your CV or contact Robyn Doolan, SEND Consultant at our Manchester office for an informal chat about the role.
If this job is not what you are searching for, but you are however looking to work in education, please contact the Manchester office on 0161 388 1676 for a friendly chat with one of our consultants about alternative roles.REF: RHD-MUPRM-1210