Posted 2 months ago
Role: SEND Teacher
Simply Education is currently working in partnerships with an amazing specialist provision in Alsager, they are currently looking for an understand and empathetic SEND Teacher to join their team on a long-term basis.
Our client, an Ofsted 'good' rated specialist provision, is seeking an enthusiastic SEND Teacher to join their team. The school offers a full national curriculum, including the early years foundation stage, and a variety of different pathways including Unit Award Schemes to GCSEs and BTEC qualifications. With strong community links with the local sixth form, this school prides itself on offering a child-centred learning approach that considers each child's interests, needs, learning pace, and style.
As a SEND Teacher, you will have the opportunity to support students in small classes with dedicated Learning Mentors that help you to deliver a bespoke child centred curriculum. The ideal SEND Teacher will be passionate and nurturing, with an understanding of Autism. You must be resourceful and adaptable in your approach, as you will be working with students who require tailored support.
Our school prides itself on being part of the national autistic society and has strong values and ethos established within the school. The school is custom built and creates safe and inviting learning environments that reflect the student’s needs. All students have an EHCP in place so a bespoke learning opportunities are in place which focus on the students’ individual needs.
This is an incredible opportunity for the successful SEND Teacher to make a real difference in the lives of children and young people. If you have a desire to support students with special educational needs and have a proven track record of planning and delivering high quality engaging lessons, then please apply below!
Advantages of working in a SEND environment
-Shorter working hours which will help you to establish a better work life balance.
- Smaller class sizes where you can really get to know your students
-More non-contact time so marking can be done during the working hours
- Flexibility within the curriculum meaning you can be creative with your approach.
- Satisfaction in supporting and seeing students reach their full potential.
- Complimentary lunch
- to deliver high-quality bespoke learning opportunities that focus on the students' interests and vocational studies, as well as functional skills in English and Maths.
- Support the students to become re-engaged with their learning.
- Model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Communicate effectively and build rapport and common interests with the students to inspire and motivate them.
- To prepare the students for life beyond school.
- An understanding of working with students who have Autism.
- Knowledge and understanding of vocational education.
- Strong communication skills.
- Resilience and the ability to model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Driving license and access to own transport is desirable.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
-Your own dedicated consultant who will support, advise, and guide you through the registration process.
-24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone/text/email – That can answer any arising questions or needs.
-Exclusive access to our Educational Development Managers – We offer several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices. All our courses are completely free and will help you to upskill your understanding and approach.
-Competitive rates of pay.
-Minimal administration (no time sheets!) – At Simply Education we pride ourselves in making the process easier for you as candidates. We process all timesheets for you ensuring the pay is always on time.
-Email and SMS verification of bookings – For all bookings you will receive a booking confirmation and directs to the school. You will also have access to an online diary system where you can view your bookings and update your availability.
-£75 referral scheme - If you refer a friend to us both you and your friend will receive a £75 bonus following the successful completion of 10 days.
If you are a passionate, enthusiastic SEND Teacher who is committed to supporting students who have become disconnected with their learning, please apply today.
If you are interested in this, SEND Teacher position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the SEND Teacher role please contact Emma Bloore, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Cheshire office in Nantwich.
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online or face-to-face) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form. All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks.REF: ENB-SENDT-1ST7