Posted 19 days ago
SEND Teaching Assistant
Salary: £400 -£450
Contract: Full Time, Long term.
Start Date: Immediate
Do you want to be part of a team that values diversity and inclusion? Are you passionate about education and want to make a meaningful impact? Do you want to develop you SEND knowledge and understanding?
At Simply Education, we are seeking someone who is passionate and dedicated to working in a SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) school. As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will play an important role in supporting children with their additional needs so they can access education and reach their full potential. You will work closely with the class teacher, to create a supporting and inclusive learning environment. An important aspect of this role, is to assist in providing children with a nurturing and stimulating environment, allowing the children to not only thrive academically but also personally.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide support and guidance to children with SEND.
• Assist the children so they can access the tasks set out for them.
• Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
• Build and nurture positive relationships with children and staff.
• Support children with their social and emotional development.
• Create and maintain effective communication with children and staff.
• Develop a good understanding of individualised needs of children you are supporting.
• Experience working in a SEND environment.
• Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting children with SEND.
• Ability to work effectively as a team.
• Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification (preferred but not essential).
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are…
Your own dedicated consultant with around the clock access via phone.
Access to our Educational Development Managers who provide free CPD training.
Email and SMS confirmation of bookings.
£75 refer-a-friend scheme.
FREE 2-day teaching assistant course provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to gain some experience in SEN and is equally a very rewarding role. If you like the sound of this or would like some more information, then don’t hesitate in contacting us! Please click apply and send us a copy of your CV or if you would like an informal chat about the job role, please contact Ruth Jarman on firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively on 01522 370172 at our Lincoln office.
* As part of the recruitment process, all candidates are required to have 2 years referencing, provide a 10-year history of education/work and have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are subject to satisfactory background checks. *REF: RVJ-SEN036-PE23