Posted 1 month ago
SEND Teaching Assistant.
Salary: £400 - £450.
Start date: Immediate.
Contract: Full-time, Long-term.
Are wanting to kick-start your career in education? Do you have existing experience and are looking for a change in role or to develop your knowledge and understanding of SEND further?
At Simply Education, we are seeking passionate and empathetic individuals to support children with additional needs. We work in partnership with a number of schools across Lincolnshire, supporting a range of different SEND need, therefore the ideal candidate will preferably be someone with experience working in SEND. As a SEND Teaching Assistant, you will play a vital role in supporting children to access education and reach their full potential.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1:1 support to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Assist the children so they can access the curriculum and complete class assignments.
- Support the children’s social and emotional development.
- Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Work with other staff members and professionals involved in the student's education.
- Build and nurture positive relationships with both staff and children.
- Experience working with children with SEND is preferred or experience working in a school setting.
- Knowledge of relevant SEND legislation and best practices.
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification (Preferred but not essential).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for supporting students with SEND.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are…
- Your own dedicated consultant with around the clock access via phone.
- Access to our Educational Development Managers who provide free CPD training.
- Email and SMS confirmation of bookings.
- £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
- FREE 2-day teaching assistant course provided.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone wanting to gain some experience in SEN and is equally a very rewarding role. If you like the sound of this or would like some more information, then don’t hesitate in contacting us! Please click apply and send us a copy of your CV or if you would like an informal chat about the job role, please contact Ruth Jarman on email@example.com or alternatively on 01522 370172 at our Lincoln office.
* As part of the recruitment process, all candidates are required to have 2 years referencing, provide a 10-year history of education/work and have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are subject to satisfactory background checks. *REF: RVJ-SEN010-DN21