Posted 11 days ago
Simply Education are currently assisting a SEND school in the Grays area who are currently in need of ABA Tutors on a permanent basis.
An ABA Tutor is an individual who provides 1:1 teaching to children with autism or similar communication impairments. ABA is defined as an applied natural science devoted to developing and analysing procedures that produce effective and beneficial changes in behaviour. The role involves following an individual programme designed specifically for each student. Training opportunities can and will be provided for successful candidates. Appointees will also receive positive handling training as part of their induction.
These positions can offer a lot of progression for the right candidates such as becoming a Registered Behaviour or there may be opportunities for supervision towards their BCBA/BCaBA credential, if school budgets allow.
As a ABA Tutor You Can Expect Such Daily Duties:
- Assisting in the development of programmes for each child
- Implementing these programmes on either a 1:1, 1:2, or small group basis, dependent on the needs of the student(s)
- Preparing resources each students’ programme
- Collecting accurate data on both challenging behaviour and skill acquisition throughout the school day
- Maintaining records of each student on an individual basis
- Assisting class instructors in set up and delivery of classes
- Supervising pairs or small groups of students at breaks and lunch times
- Reporting any safeguarding concerns to the class instructor, VB manager or safeguarding leads
- Developing professional relationships with parents and providing accurate information daily in the home-school communication books
- Co-operating with colleagues to ensure the aims of the school are achieved consistently
- Forming and maintaining good relationships with the children and young adults of the school; based on mutual respect, trust and understanding
- Assisting with the physical and self-care needs of the children and young adults as they require; including, but not limited to, any toileting procedures
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Megan Prendergast on 01245 570079. You can also email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. Please take a look at our website www.simplyeducation.co.uk for testimonials, CPD Training and working with ‘Simply’ information.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Essex office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: MCP-323305-ESSX