Posted 23 days ago
Simply Education are seeking a SENDCo to work in an independent SEMH school in Gainsborough.
The school supports pupils aged 11-16 with social, emotional and mental health issues. The education programme aims to create a safe, trusting environment, build self-belief, create social and personal opportunities, and develop ambitious personal aspirations.
This is an exciting full-time role within a school that has an outstanding reputation for its dedication to inclusion. Class sizes are small which allows for high-quality teaching and learning. Learners are supported with external vocational experience providing the holistic learning environment required for a rounded education.
We are seeking someone who:
- Has a strong drive and determination to support the rapidly expanding student intake.
- Is able to demonstrate a genuine passion and commitment to the sector and to making a positive contribution to the school and those it supports.
- Can demonstrate experience of leading whole school initiatives and an innovative, current approach to delivering SEND interventions.
- Is confident working alongside members of a strong Leadership Team.
To be considered for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Holder of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS/QTLS).
- A proven track record in managing, supporting and re-engaging young learners with behavioural issues.
- An open mind in alternative education.
- The desire to access a managerial position and grow your leadership skills.
- A passion for teaching quality and consistency of standards.
- Patience and a good sense of humour.
- A non-judgemental approach to young people.
Interested? Here are a few benefits of working with Simply Education:
- Your own dedicated SEND Consultant with specific knowledge of schools in your area
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of booking, school directions
- £75 referral schemes
- 1 to 1 CPD with our Education Specialists
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' or send your CV via email to: amy.b @simplyeducation.co.uk . For further information on SEND roles we have available please call Amy on 01522 370172
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Lincoln office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: AAB-SENCO-GAIN