Posted 1 month ago
We are seeking an enthusiastic, engaging teacher to join our social sciences department teaching psychology, health and social care, and sociology for our secondary school.
As a social sciences teacher, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and delivering creative and stimulating lessons across Key Stage 3 and GCSE
- Assessing student work and providing constructive feedback
- Tracking student progress and tailoring teaching to suit all abilities
- Inspiring students to enjoy learning about human thoughts, feelings, behaviours, and society
- Building positive relationships with students and fostering a supportive classroom environment
The ideal candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with experience teaching social sciences at secondary level
- Possess excellent subject knowledge of psychology, sociology, and health and social care
- Be able to make social sciences accessible, interesting, and relevant to secondary students
- Have strong behaviour management skills
- Be committed to achieving high academic standards
-Degree level education
- Evidence of recent professional development
- Evidence of raising levels of achievement and attainment
- Effective use of data to inform planning.
- Experience of lesson planning and effective assessment for learning
- Maintaining a high standard of teaching and learning
- The central role of ICT in teaching and learning
- Curriculum issues and development
- Improvement – raising achievement
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer to include.
- Your very own dedicated consultant
- A variety of daily, short- and long-term positions to suit your needs
- Competitive rates of pay
- No need for completion of time sheets
- Email / SMS confirmation for all bookings
- £75 reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Apply NOW or get in contact with Janisha on 01604 372 495 or email email@example.comREF: JMC-SOCSCI-ROTH