Specialist SEND Teaching Assistant
Posted 4 months ago
Do you have experience working with children who have special education needs? Are you looking for flexible and rewarding part-time work? Simply Education are searching for people who really want to make a difference!
During this difficult period for schools, SEND schools have kept their doors open and continued to provide support for vulnerable children and children who have special education needs. Simply Education are working alongside various specialist schools in the Cheshire area to provide them with the support they need.
We are looking for Qualified and Unqualified Teaching Assistants to provide support for Teachers within SEN schools, as well as provide 1-to-1 support for students who require additional support. You will need to have the ability to quickly build rapport with students, you may be asked to support with personal care of pupils within SEND Schools therefore, being able to work well within a team and with others is key. Adaptable, intuitive and understanding are the key words which describe the ideal person for this role.
The ideal candidate will be someone who:
• Has experience working with Children with Special Education Needs.
• Has the ability to build close relationships and can support with personal care.
• Is relatable, empathetic and understanding to the needs of the children.
• has had previous training such as manual handling, team teach or other relatable skills
• Can promote the learning of life skills and personal promotion not just in an academic way.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants who has taught within SEND will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated S school consultant.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings, school directions.
• £75 referral scheme.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Ross Pemberton on 01270 382101
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Kent office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.
Do you have experience working with children who have special education needs? Are you looking for flexible and rewarding part-time work? Simply Education are searching for people who really want to make a difference
REF: ROS-CWCH-SENDApply Now