Posted 17 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Primary school based in Maidstone who are seeking an intervention teacher to join the team on a long-term basis starting From September 2021.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a happy, successful and forward-thinking Primary school. You will be working across Key Stage One (KS1) and Key Stage Two (KS2) and will be working alongside the class teachers and inclusion manager. The supportive staff, polite children and experienced senior management team make it the perfect post for a passionate teacher looking to build on their career.
As an intervention teacher, you will need to teach small groups of targeted students literacy and numeracy. You will be assessing, monitoring, recording and reporting on the learning needs, progress and achievements of assigned students. You should be resourceful and creative with your teaching style whilst having the ability to be nurturing, empathetic and adaptable. We are looking for an excellent classroom practitioner who has the ability to work with different groups of pupils to enhance their progress.
Ideally you will enjoy working on a one to one basis and with small groups of children, but the role may also involve you covering a small amount of whole class teaching during PPA time (dependent upon the needs of the school at the time).
If you feel as though you can really help to get children motivated about learning Maths and English, then get in touch straight away! A friendly, hardworking and child focused practitioner who is confident working with a wide range of ages, you will be able to support and narrow the gap and ensure rapid progress regardless of pupil's baselines.
To be a successful Intervention teacher you will need to:
- Be a newly Qualified Teacher (NQT) or have Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with a PGCE, GTP or Bachelor of Education.
- Have the ability and experience of teaching in Key Stage 1 & 2.
- Have strong classroom management skills.
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour.
- Have a creative approach to teaching.
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
You can also utilise the numerous benefits we offer which include:
- A dedicated consultant to secure the best work available for you.
- A variety of daily, short and long term positions to suit your needs.
- No need for completion of time sheets.
- Email / SMS confirmation for all bookings.
- A £75 reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce to Simply Education.
- Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required.
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Please apply via this advert or contact Lauren Smith 01634 926 067REF: LLS-SAH3-KENT