Posted 18 days ago
Role: SEMH Teacher
Salary: £30k to £35k - Independent Provision, not on Teacher Pay Scale
Hours: Full Time - 8:30am to 3:45pm
Basis: Temporary to Permanent
Start: April 2024
Are you passionate about education and committed to supporting students to reach their full potential? We are currently working in partnership with a secondary SEMH independent provision in Stockport where the needs of the children are number one priority. The schools is seeking a Teacher to take on various subjects.
About the schools:
This Secondary SEMH independent provision caters for young people aged 11-16 who have experienced a negative impact on their lives and need a boost in self-esteem and confidence. The school focuses on changing students’ mindset and giving their students all the tools to be successful in their future. The students work in small groups and classrooms are comparatively smaller than that of a mainstream setting; pupils are taught in small class sizes of between 3-5 pupils and there is a high staff to pupil ratio.
We are looking for an open minded Teacher to work closely with the students to reignite their love of learning. The main responsibility as a SEMH Teacher is to create a safe and stimulating environment where students can flourish. The ideal SEMH Teacher must have prior experience in leading learning and establishing good relationships and rapport with all students.
Key Responsibilities and Requirements:
- A good understanding of working with disengaged students.
- Supporting the students to become re-engaged with their learning.
- Ability to communicate effectively with pupils and an understanding of pupils behaviour patterns when experiencing complex needs and trauma
- Resilience and the ability to model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- Your own dedicated consultant who will support and guide you through the registration process.
- Daily access to your dedicated consultant via phone/text/email
- FREE CPD training including several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices, An introduction to the role of a Teaching Assistant and Behaviour management
If you are a passionate, enthusiastic, and experienced Teacher who is committed to supporting students who have become disconnected with their learning, please apply today.
If you are interested in this Teaching position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the role please contact Robyn Doolan, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Manchester office on 0161 388 1676 or email Robyn@simplyeducation.co.ukREF: RHD-STO-0602