Posted 27 days ago
Are you an experienced or early careers teacher specialising in English? Are you looking for a brand-new challenge for the next academic year? I have an exciting opportunity for a teacher of English to join a school in Southend on a temporary basis, with the potential of transitioning into a permanent position down the line.
Simply Education are working with a secondary school in Southend to recruit a English teacher to join their team in January 2022. The school are looking for a teacher on a temporary basis in order to test the waters before agreeing a permanent deal.
The school are looking for someone who is passionate about their work and brings a high level of energy to their classroom. Successful candidates will be teaching a range of KS3-KS5 English so they must have a good understanding of the British National Curriculum. The role will also involve planning, preparing, and marking, and you will be given time away from the classroom to fulfil these duties.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has recent experience teaching Science.
• Has the ability to control and manage a classroom.
• Has excellent knowledge of the British National Curriculum.
• Can promote cultural development.
• Has great communication and lesson delivery skills.
• Can prepare and plan lessons in advance.
• Is comfortable delivering both theoretical and practical lessons.
Simply Education’s specialist consultants will be on hand throughout the recruitment process to provide guidance and information about any roles we have available. We started our journey in January 2006 with the aim to provide teaching staff with local supply work and permanent roles. Over the years we have built strong working relationships with our schools, and we pride ourselves on placing enthusiastic candidates in their ideal teaching roles.
The key benefits of working with Simply Education are:
• Your own dedicated Secondary school consultant.
• Access to our unique Educational Development Managers who provide free CPD training.
• A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs.
• 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone.
• Minimal administration (no timesheets).
• Email and SMS verification of bookings.
• Online diary of bookings.
• School directions.
• £75 refer-a-friend scheme.
All candidates who register with Simply Education are required to provide references for the previous 2 years of work, as well as complete an enhanced DBS check. Due to COVID-19 regulations, any interviews we hold will be conducted over a Zoom call.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Tommy Bird on 01245570079.
If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Essex office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: TBI-HN8-ESSX