Posted 19 days ago
Simply Education are working with a fantastic SEMH school in Grantham who are looking for a Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant to join their team.
This is a full time position in a small, friendly and nurturing school.
The school provides high-quality education in a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment that builds a foundation for lifelong learning. The school ensures a welcoming, happy, nurturing, and supportive learning environment, in which everyone is treated fairly, and all achievements are celebrated.
The vision is to develop resilient, responsible, and confident individuals who aspire to achieve their full potential and live fulfilled adult lives.
You will work along side the class teacher, pastoral, and senior management team, who share a collective aim of delivering engaging and exciting lessons to help develop a student’s love of learning.
The school also deliver a range of alternative activities outside of the classroom, which you will be required to support with.
Temp to Perm option available.
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- Previous experience working with children with SEND (SEMH experience is an advantage)
- Confident working with children with complex behaviour.
- Looking to support and develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
Interested? Here are a few key benefits that may help you to make your decision:
- A dedicated Consultant with specific knowledge of SEND schools in your area
- A variety of daily and long-term positions to suit your needs
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no time sheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Online diary of booking, school directions
- £75 referral schemes
- 1 to 1 CPD with our Education Specialists
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Amy Bevan on 01522 370172
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new job in education, please still contact your local Lincoln office for a confidential discussion on your career and different opportunities that are available.REF: AAB-ETA-LINC