Posted 1 month ago
Role: Teaching Assistant
Salary: £375 - £425 per week
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-time, Long-term contract
Are you looking for a new challenge or career change? Simply Education are looking for teaching assistants based in and around Northwich to support a local boys school. Whether you have prior experience or are looking for your first school-based role, we would like to hear from you.
About the school.
Simply Education is currently working in partnership with a day and residential school for boys aged 8 to 18 based in Northwich. The school is set in a wonderful location with extensive grounds, offering exciting outdoor learning opportunities alongside the mainstream curriculum.
Our students have some social, emotional, and mental health needs, which means that they may display some challenging behaviour at times. However, we pride ourselves on creating a safe, stimulating, and nurturing learning environment where students have the support and security to explore their learning and mindset.
As a teaching assistant, you will work closely with the class teacher to support students to access their learning. This may include working on a 1:1 or small group basis. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of supporting students with additional needs and be able to form positive relationships and communicate effectively as part of a team and with students.
We are looking for an outstanding teaching assistant who is passionate about education and has a genuine desire to make a difference in the lives of our students. If you have experience working with young people with additional needs and are committed to creating a positive and inclusive learning environment, we would love to hear from you.
- Work with the students' Teacher to deliver high-quality bespoke learning opportunities that focus on the students' interests and vocational studies, as well as functional skills in English and Maths.
- Support the students to become re-engaged with their learning.
- Model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Communicate effectively and build rapport and common interests with the students to inspire and motivate them.
- Work closely with the students' Teacher to Prepare the students for life beyond school.
- An understanding of SEMH needs
- Knowledge and understanding of vocational education.
- Strong communication skills.
- Resilience and the ability to model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students.
- Willingness to learn new skills and techniques.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Driving license and access to own transport is desirable.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
-Your own dedicated consultant who will support, advise, and guide you through the registration process.
-24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone/text/email – That can answer any arising questions or needs.
-Exclusive access to our Educational Development Managers – We offer several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices, An introduction to the role of a Teaching Assistant and Behaviour management. All our courses are completely free and will help you to upskill your understanding and approach.
-Competitive rates of pay.
-Minimal administration (no time sheets!) – At Simply Education we pride ourselves in making the process easier for you as candidates. We process all timesheets for you ensuring the pay is always on time.
-Email and SMS verification of bookings – For all bookings you will receive a booking confirmation and directs to the school. You will also have access to an online diary system where you can view your bookings and update your availability.
-£75 referral scheme - If you refer a friend to us both you and your friend will receive a £75 bonus following the successful completion of 10 days.
If you are a passionate, enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who is committed to supporting students who have become disconnected with their learning, please apply today.
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the Teaching Assistant role please contact Emma Bloore, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Cheshire office in Nantwich.REF: ENB-TA-3CW8