Posted 1 month ago
Role: SEN Teaching Assistant
Location: Leigh, Wigan
Salary: £80 a day
Hours: Monday to Friday - 8:20am to 3:30pm
Contract: Temporary to Permanent after 3-4 months
Are you passionate about working in an SEN setting and committed to supporting students with additional needs to reach their full potential? We are currently working in partnership with a special school that are seeking a permanent Teaching Assistant to join their Primary School from November or as soon as possible.
About the school:
This special school caters for young people aged 5-11. The school focuses on giving their students all the tools to be successful in their future. The children in this School can enjoy nurture rooms and therapeutic suites for relaxation and the setting also has a sensory toom and astroturf playzone.
We are looking for a nurturing individual to join their already established team supporting children aged 5-11. It is not essential to have a teaching assistant qualification but individuals must have experience working with pupils with additional needs.
Due to the nature of the role the school is ideally looking for somebody who has previously worked as a teaching assistant OR have relevant experience working with pupils in a School, Youth Centre, Residential care setting or similar role. You must be able to commit to a full-time role consisting of 5 days per week, Monday to Friday for the hours of 8:20 to 3:45pm as students receiving consistency is vital. Each day will be different from the last therefore being adaptable is very important.
- Building nurturing and meaningful relationships with pupils with SEND
- Experience and a good understanding of behaviour management and how to implement this into your practice
- Understand the different requirements of individual SEN and adapt accordingly
- A passion for education and for making a difference in education
- An understanding of working with students with SEND
- Strong communication skills with pupils and an understanding of pupils behaviour patterns when experiencing complex needs and trauma
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with students, colleagues, and parents effectively.
- Additional skills such as Sport, Music and Art are a bonus
Advantages of working in an SEMH environment:
- Shorter working hours which will help you to establish a better work life balance.
- Smaller class sizes where you can really get to know your students
- More non-contact time so marking can be done during the working hours
- Flexibility within the curriculum meaning you can be creative with your approach
- Satisfaction in supporting and seeing students reach their full potential.
The key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- A dedicated consultant to support and guide you through the registration process.
- Daily access to us via phone, text and email
- FREE CPD training including several SEND courses such as Autism Awareness, De-escalation Practices and behaviour management
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
If you are a passionate and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant who is committed to supporting students who have become disconnected with their learning, please apply today.
If you are interested in this position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the role please contact Robyn Doolan, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Manchester office.
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview and will undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including completion of a full 10 year history on the application form.
All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks.REF: RHD-PTALE-0910