Teaching Assistant PRU
Posted 20 days ago
Simply Education are working alongside PRU settings in the Maidstone and Medway area who require Teaching Assistants and Learning Mentors who are looking to work on a long term basis to support children with SEMH.
Some of the children present challenging behavioural issues and social exclusion. At the same time these children may have other SEND statements such as ADHD and ASD. We are keen to hear from candidates who have worked in primary or Secondary SEN / ASD provisions of mainstream schools or special schools. You must be able to demonstrate strong behaviour management skills, solid communication skills and be able to on a 1-2-1 basis as well as in small groups
All we ask is that you have the following skills and experience.
- Previous Experience either working in provisions in mainstream schools or SEND would be an advantage however not essential.
- Experience working in a School or with young people with complex behaviour.
- Looking to support a develop pupils with additional learning needs.
- Clear communication both written and verbal
- Be willing to learn
- Have a strong classroom management style.
- Have a creative approach in dealing with behaviour
- Be able to use your own initiative and work as part of a team.
If this sounds like the role for you, then the key benefits for working with Simply Education are:
- Your own dedicated SEND Area Manager who really understands the schools that you would be working with, also will be able to guide you to the right role that suits you and your skills.
- Employment Benefits such as Holiday Pay, Sick Pay, Maternity/Paternity Pay, Retail Discounts, Health and Wellbeing support and guidance.
- 24/7 access to your dedicated consultant via phone
- Minimal administration (no timesheets)
- Email and SMS verification of bookings
- £75 referral scheme
- Access to our unique Educational Development Managers Supporting you every step of the way!
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference therefore please do not delay and APPLY TODAY!!!
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
REF: MJT-MAN-KENTApply Now